These 15 facts will boost your video marketing skills
Back in the day, it was normal to keep to yourself on the internet. You didn’t want to share your full name, let alone your photo, on a public web forum.
Now, the opposite is true. When people use the internet, they want to share everything. More than 2 billion people share photos, life events, and more through their Facebook profiles with more than 4 billion pieces of content being shared every day. Other popular platforms, such as Snapchat and Instagram are more video-centric than Facebook.
It’s clear that video content captures a huge amount of consumer attention. As a result, brands are scrambling to create and promote videos that will help them attain greater market share.
It can be hard to figure out which video tactics are most effective for your business. These 15 facts will help you understand how video content marketing can benefit your brand.
- One-third of all active internet usage time is spent watching online video.
- 82% of users watch video on Twitter.
- 85% of Facebook video viewership happens with the audio off.
- Video traffic will make up more than 80% of all internet traffic by the year 2020.
- 60% of consumers prefer to watch videos on their desktop computer rather than on a mobile device.
- It is up to fifty times easier to hit the top page of a Google search term by using video as opposed to text-only web pages.
- Using video in an email increases click through rate by 200% to 300%.
- 70% of B2B marketers said that using video improved their conversion rate.
- An average of 60% of viewers will stop watching a video within the first two minutes.
- 45% of active users on social media watch at least an hour of video per day on Facebook and/or YouTube.
- 90% of users say that having access to a video helps them make a purchase decision.
- 17% of businesses plan to use VR video during 2017.
- Video ads now make up more than 30% of all ad spending online.
- 59% of business executives agree that they prefer video to text.
- 92% of mobile phone users share videos with their friends.
Video Marketing and You
You can’t afford to wait any longer to use video content for your brand. Every major platform, from Facebook to Twitter and beyond, is being redesigned to focus on video.
If you think videos are common on the internet today, just wait for how much more extreme it will get in the next few years. Facebook will turn the audio on for new videos, so you’ll hear everything as you scroll down the feed. Meanwhile, every platform will tap deeper into new technologies such as VR and 360-degree video.
As time goes on, it will be brands churning out video content that will get the lion’s share of consumer attention. The internet will continue to expand the quality and frequency of video content. You’ve got to become a master of video to win in the future of the internet.